Why use MODx?
If you ask us this question, we have a million things to say about this unique CMS. But, if you want us to answer your question in simple words then, it will be To Take Control!
MODx is an open source CMS and application framework that enables web owners as well as editors to manage their site content with ease. With MODx, you can take full control over your website content. As it adopts a standard based technology, it can minimize business risks. Since it is an open source CMS, you don't have to pay or incur any license cost. For a good looking, content focused and search engine friendly website, MODx is the right solution for you.
As a developer, we simply love this CMS and we believe there are thousands of other developers who would support us. We are an avid MODx user and our clients are following our steps.
So what benefits your business can get if your use MODx. Take a look at the following points:
- Full control over content: You can add, edit or delete new pages, sections, documents, images and links
- Search engine friendly: With MODx, Search engine friendly URLs produced are keyword based, which can support better indexing
- Manage and update anything anywhere
- Set permissions to enable limited access to different editors within the organization
- When new pages or sections are added, site navigation is generated dynamically
- Pre-defined templates can be selected according to the content type
- Set automatic unpublished or published dates on a per page basis
- Constant upgrades and new releases, which are available free of charge
- Easy SEO practices: Administrative can edit meta tags easily on per-page basis for better optimization of the site
- In-built search engine
- Can include an extranet or member's only area
- Strong access control through days of week, user/group permissions and/or IP address
- Multiple language support
- Using easy-to-use WYSYWG editors, edit rich media content
- Allow users to sign up extranet/member's only using self-registration
- As per design, number of pages or sections can be added
- Allow easy tracking of the editor logins and behavior for auditing purposes
- Updated plugins available on a continual basis
Ok, we have given a list of benefits if you use MODx. But, if there is any query or you need to know some more about using MODx, we can happily help you.